We recently went on a trip with Dominic’s family to Nashville and Louisville. We decided to document this one a little differently, so that all of our travel diaries are not the same. We took some videos of the places we went and put it together in a short little video, I hope you guys enjoy it! Below I’ll have a list of all the places we went as well. We started our weekend trip off by flying into Nashville for the night. Everyone says that their nightlife is similar to ours in Vegas, so we had to see for our self if the name “NashVegas” was really fitting. We explored downtown Nashville and it was a blast, I wouldn’t say that it was quite as similar to Vegas’s downtown just because there was only country music playing and had more older adults rather than the younger crowd that you see in Vegas. We then drove to Louisville the following day and explored all around, and ending the trip by attending the Louisville vs. Syracuse basketball game, we won wooo!!
THINGS TO DO!
Side note, this was only a weekend trip so I am sure there are more things to do than what I have listed, these were just the things we did.
When I am not eating french fries, I am usually eating salad, which are so yummy and a nice light-but-filling dinner option. This salad is easy to make, healthy, and inexpensive. Our go-to salad is pretty basic, and we have it at least once a week because it is so yummy! I have the ingredients and directions listed below!
- 2 chicken breasts
- Sunflower seeds
- Bacon bits
- Croutons (we use the Texas Toast ones, which I have pictured below)
- Dressing (we use the Olive Garden dressing which I also have pictured below, so so yummy!)
Something that we do that helps add a lot of flavor to the salads in season our chicken pretty heavily. I season my chicken with Onion Powder, Garlic Salt, and Pepper. Simple seasonings but they add a lot of flavor. If you have special seasonings you like I would use them for sure!
- First, usually one of us will cut the chicken while the other washes and peels apart the lettuce. We do these two steps first so that the lettuce has time to dry after washing it and because the chicken takes a bit to cook through all the way.
- Next, while the chicken is cooking and being seasoned we cut up some baby carrots into little pieces and dice up the avocado.
- LAST, put the salads together. The way you put them together is crucial so that you have your toppings all throughout the salad. We layer as we put them together so laydown some lettuce, add a few pieces of chicken, throw some carrots and avocados in there, and then sprinkle some bacon bits and sunflower seeds. Then you just repeat this layering method tell your salad is completely made and top it off with some croutons and dressing. The Olive Garden dressing that we use is amazing, you don’t have to use much at all in your salad to get the flavor AND it is low on calories!
So yeah, very quick and easy! Of course you can add your own toppings if you have some that you like to use that are not listed, these are just the ones we like to use. If any of you have any yummy salad recipes send them my way please, I am always wanting to try new ones! You can send them to my email or leave them in the comments so everyone can try them out. Also, if you try this recipe out let me know how it turns out. Hope you guys are having a great week!