I am the farthest thing from a light packer. I like to have options while I am getting ready and deciding what I want to wear. Before we left for our nine day trip to Spain last summer we decided that we were only going to take carry-on bags to avoid having any problems with our luggage. At that point, I knew I had to figure something out so that I was able to bring all the clothing that I wanted to in my carry on. If you search on Pinterest for packing ideas, there are TONS; most involve buying space bags or something like that. I didn’t want to spend money on those, so I used a couple different tricks.
- Lay everything you plan on bring in your bag out and eliminate a couple things that are not necessary.
- Roll your clothing, this saved me so much space.
- If you’re going somewhere warm, try to pack one-piece outfits like dresses or rompers. Only having to pack one item of clothing for a day helps with space.
- Bring neutrals so you can mix and match the pieces you bring and get more than one outfit out of them.
- Ditch the blow dryer, almost all hotels have them.
- Bring a backpack as your personal item and just pack a tiny purse in there, that way you can put some of your clothes or bathroom stuff in there that didn’t fit in your carry-on.
- Wear your heaviest pieces of clothing on the plane with you.
- Keep all your liquids in a separate bag, that way if they have to take them out in the security line they don’t have to take apart your entire bag.
- On that note, make sure you check online with all the airports you will be traveling through to see what amount they allow for liquids in carry-on luggage, all airports vary.
- Spread a couple bounce sheets out throughout your bag to keep your clothes fresh.
- Put luggage locks on your carry-on and your backpack. You can get them for super cheap on amazon.
Those are a few of the packing tricks I use to get the most out of my carry-on, I hope they help you guys as well! I was thinking about doing a separate post on tips for airports and traveling in general, if you guys would like to see something like that, comment below and let me know!
Also the giveaway has now ended and our winner was Marisol Sandoval. Make sure you guys are subscribed so you don’t miss the next one! Hope you have a great day! 🙂
Coachella is an annual three-day music festival in Indio, California. This festival brings together people from all parts of the globe and it was one of the most un-judgmental environments I have ever been in! I was blessed enough to be able to go a few years ago and it was incredible! I met so many unique and amazing friends and I think one of the best parts was meeting others and hearing their stories (like where they are from and what brought them to the festival). Before going on this adventure, I wish I would have read something like what I am about to write, so I could have been more prepared. I was still very prepared, but these tips and tricks could have made it easier! So let’s get into it!!
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Water, water, water. This festival is held in the middle of the desert, so it gets extremely hot and one of the main reasons people get sick is due to dehydration. The last thing you want to be doing is spending your evening in the med-tent instead of at a performance. Also, bring or buy a plastic water bottle that you can just refill.
- Create a meeting spot with your group the minute you get there, you won’t have enough service to call each other while at the festival.
- BATHROOM HACK: Learn when they clean the bathrooms (it’s really easy, you can just ask) and always go at that time. The porta-potties get crazy nasty because of how many people are there, so going right after they had been cleaned was wonderful.
- If possible, stay at a hotel that the Coachella Shuttle picks up at, that way you don’t have to deal with traffic and parking!
- Get a fanny pack even if you’re against them. Having your belongings attached to you not only helps prevent against theft, but allows you to have free hands all day and night, so you can dance your little heart out.
- Don’t judge. You will see SOO many different types of people there, which was rejuvenating for me. I loved seeing so much diversity and how creative other people are.
- Look at the line up ahead of time and know when and where artists are performing and put together a little schedule. Obviously you don’t have to stick to this schedule, but it helps so you can try to see all the people you want. If you are having fun somewhere don’t leave just because you have a schedule. When I went, my friend and I actually missed AC/DC’s performance (the one our parents told us not to miss) because we were having so much fun at some other random concert, and I don’t regret it one bit because we were living in the moment and having so much fun.
- You are not going to have cell phone service, so don’t waste your battery trying.
- Take lots of pictures and videos so you have something to look back on, but still be in the moment and soak everything in.
- Stretch, this one may seem funny, but three days of jumping up and down works your muscles.
- Wear closed toed shoes, the festival is on dead grass and it helps with people stepping on your toes.
- DON’T FORGET SUNSCREEN!
- Bring snacks, Indio is a very small town and there are not many places to eat. Also, eat a lot before you come in to the festival, food is outrageously expensive.
- A bandana will come in handy at night when there is dust flying everywhere.
- If you are a girl, braid your hair. This was one of the best things I did, it kept me from overheating during the day and still looked cute. At night, I would take them out once it cooled down to change it up too.
- Put some baby powder on before you go, it will help you not feel as gross when you are sweating throughout the day.
I could think of more, but those are the top ones. If you would like more, just email me and I will send them your way! I also included pictures of my outfits; dresses were the way to go! Coachella was one of the best experiences of my life and I hope you enjoyed the tips and tricks, if you have been and have other helpful tips, include them in the comments so others can have them too! Have a great day 🙂